If you’re a fence installer, contractor, or landscape architect, you probably have experience slatting fences. In fact, you and your team are probably experts at slatting fences. Thus, you may be wondering why you should bother switching to factory-inserted chain link fence slats. Here are the reasons to consider utilizing factory-inserted chain link slats:
- Save time. If you have slatted a fence by hand, you know that can easily be one of the most time-consuming parts of the installation process. If you are on a tight schedule, you want to be able to finish the fencing as quickly as possible. With factory-inserted fence slats, you only have to hang the fence. This completely cuts out the step of slatting. Imagine how much time that would save you and how many more jobs you could accomplish in that saved time every year!
- Save on labor. Small companies and one-man-shows don’t have the labor to spend days and days slatting fences. There are much more valuable things that your labor force can be doing with their time, such as installing more fences. Be wise with how you use your labor and cut out unnecessary steps! It’ll make you and your crew happier. Spencer in North Carolina said, “We liked it. Crews liked it too. It was faster and they liked it a whole lot better than putting slats in themselves.”
- Save money. When you’re able to save time on each project, you’re spending less time but making the same amount of money. This means you are saving money on the cost of labor for each project. Just think how nice it would be if your business was even more profitable. Pre-inserted slats can help you achieve just that!
- Consistent Results. Humans make mistakes sometimes, and that applies to slatting fences. If you’ve ever seen a fence with uneven slats, you know what I’m talking about. Factory-inserted slats provide a consistent result that looks great every time. There’s no headache about making sure your slats are the right length or cutting them down. Everything is exactly right, the first time.
- Beat out the Competition. If you’re bidding for a job, factory-inserted slats offer competitive advantages traditional fences don’t have. The time and labor saved by not having to slat fences might just be the difference that wins you the job. Jeff in Pennsylvania shared, “We proposed using Noodle Link on a large job for a major company, which was approved. The company has two locations….. We were only awarded one location. The other location was awarded to another fence company that put up chain link only and hand inserted the slats afterwards. We both started at the same time. We finished more than two weeks earlier than the company that hand inserted the slats…. ” You better believe that company will be choosing pre-inserted slats over slower competitors in the future.
The real question here is why would you choose to slat fences by hand when you could choose factory-inserted slats? There are clear advantages to not having to slat fences yourself!