One of the most beneficial features of ornamental fences is their durability. Customers love ornamental fences for their low-maintenance quality and finish that prevents cracking, chipping, and peeling.
Ornamental fences will hold up well in a variety of environments and weather conditions. You shouldn’t have to do much at all to maintain them, but for the summer months, here are a few simple tasks to consider.
Ornamental Fence Maintenance
- Check your fence periodically for wobbly posts or damage to gate hinges or locks.
- Trim back low-hanging branches that may interfere with the fence. Als, remove any wild grass or weeds growing near the fence.
- Wipe or spray away loose dirt, dust, or debris that has settled on your fence.
- Oil or lubricate any squeaky hinges.
- Spot-check ornamental fences for stains.
- Apply degreaser or rust, calcium, and lime cleaners to any problem areas.
- To make your fence shine, try rubbing some car wax on the railings to make it look as good as new.
- Keep in mind that aluminum shouldn’t rust, so using water and cleaning products is safe and can help keep your fence in good condition for years ahead.
- After spraying down your fence—even just using water—allow it to air dry or wipe it down using a soft cloth.
Ornamental Fences From PrivacyLink
Aluminum fences are timeless features that can last for 50 years or longer when cared for properly. It’s no surprise why our variety of ornamental fences is so loved for by residential and commercial property owners!